The digital dimension of youth work has become an integral part of everyday work among youth workers and has been looked into and discussed from many angles.
Recent conferences, seminars and projects organized on European and national levels tackled this topic as well as policy recommendations, such as those from the European expert group on “Developing Digital Youth work”. It has become an integral part of youth work in Europe and therefore integration of this dimension in existing competence models like the ones developed in the framework of the European Training Strategy or the “aufZAQ” model in Austria.
In this 2,5-day conference, we intend to:
- provide an overview of current developments regarding the digital dimension of youth work and existing competence models for youth workers.
- reflect on and strengthen the role and identity as a youth worker in a digitalised era.
- explore and discuss about the digital dimension of youth work and related competences.
- contribute to integrating digital competences in existing competence models for youth workers.
- provide space for networking.
This Conference will bring together about 120 youth workers, youth work educators as well as experts on the digital dimension of youth work and on competence models as well as other stakeholders like NA Staff.
Together, the participants will explore the various layers of the digital dimensions of youth work and where they see their role in a digital youth work enviroment. They will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the (further) development of competence models. All this in an engaging and interactive environment with enough time to exhange their hopes and challenges with peers and discuss buring questions with experts.