This Fellowship provides support to international journalists who enroll in one of graduate programs in journalism at the NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute.
The 2020 Fellowship covers tuition expenses and registration fees for two of the three or four semesters of the program. The fellow will also receive a stipend of approximately $14,000 for each of the two semesters of the fellowship.
Please see the special requirements below for applying for the World Journalist Fellowship. If you do not meet these qualifications, consider applying for admission outside the fellowship. All accepted applicants are considered for other scholarship awards from the Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute.
- hold a non-U.S. passport
- be fluent in English and at least one additional language
- currently be an independent journalist or a journalist working for an independent news organization (corporate or institutional communications does not qualify).
- have a minimum of four years’ experience at a print or electronic journalism publication by the start of the first day of the program. A combination of freelance journalism assignments equal to at least four years of full-time work will be considered. Internships and work for student publications do not count toward the four-year requirement. Public Relations and corporate communications experience do not qualify.
- possess a four-year undergraduate degree or a three-year undergraduate degree plus one year of graduate work.
- complete applications for both the fellowship and for admission to the M.A. program in Journalism.
Deadline: 4 January 2020